Okay High School Seniors from Kawartha Lakes, Peterborough, Northumberland and Durham regions – it’s your turn for a contest! Come in for a complimentary session with an 8×10 print. Plus one lucky person will win a free prom photo session from us valued at $249.
Why are we doing this? Well, we are looking for some new images to use in our marketing and we want to expand our high school senior photography business. We are really excited about it – Niki and I love working with these young adults and their energy. Quite popular in the U.S., the high school senior portrait is just starting to make it’s way up here and as always, we want to be leaders not followers.
Generally speaking, a senior is anyone in grade 12 – or graduating at the end of this school year. As the end of high school approaches and either higher education or the workforce awaits, this is a truly unique time in ones life. Adulthood is at the door, and everyone’s individuality is starting to really come out. It’s also the time you look and feel your best, and we want to capture these qualities that show your uniqueness at this most exciting time of one’s life. So here is the deal:
- As many of you will not yet have reached 18 years of age, you will need to have your parents written consent. We will provide you with a form to be filled out. We will need this signed before we start any photography. It is best to have them contact us with any questions they may have. Parents do not have to be at the actual photo session, although they are quite welcome.
- You come to our friendly home studio located in Pontypool. Our location is just 20 mins from Peterborough, Lindsay, Port Perry or Bowmanville. Once here, we will treat you to about a 60-90 minute stress free photo session. We will do a couple of different background settings. There is absolutely NO COST to you for this.
- We want the “seniors” to bring some clothes and props that signify who they are and what they do. Are you into football? Bring a helmet ball & uniform. Do you play an instrument? Bring it along. Are you into fashion? Bring some crazy fun clothes. Are you into dance, or hockey, skating, gymnastics???….. you get the idea. We can help you figure out what to bring – just get in touch with us.
- Approximately 1 week after your session, we will have the Parents and the Senior back to the studio for a viewing session where we will show you several fully finished images from the photo session. There will be some stylized and some more traditional images. We will narrow down a selection of images to be entered into the contest (we want a uniform style for the contest picks). Pick out your favourite of these and you receive a FREE 8×10 print of it. There is absolutely NO COST to you! You DO NOT have to purchase a single thing at the viewing, the 8×10 is absolutely free and our way of saying thanks. Should you want more images, additional prints may be purchased at 25% off of our regular pricing at the session. Grandparents or friends are more than welcome at the viewing session too!
- For the contest – once all our entrants have had their viewing session (or on April 18th 2013 at the latest), we will post an album on our FaceBook page ( Facebook.com/ThoughtfulImpressions) that will contain everyone’s selected image. The first stage of voting will then be open.
- For the first stage of voting: The 5 images with the most “likes” will move to the next stage of voting. So get your family and friends to vote, but they must be fans of our page for the vote to count – make sure that they “Like” the page not just the image! This stage of voting will be open for 5 days (ending at 10pm on the 5th day – April 22nd 10pm at the latest)
- The 5 images with the most “qualified likes” (meaning the people have also liked our facebook page) will be submitted to an international panel of professional photographers. The images will be open to voting in this private forum for a period of 72hrs at which time the winners will be tabulated and announced on our Facebook page and website..
- The winner will receive a Prom Photo Session valued at $249, which consists of an in studio session in your prom clothes and on location with your friends before you head to the event. More details on our prom package can be found in our General Pricing Guide HERE
So what’s the catch – there’s always a catch in the fine print right? Here it is: We want to use these images in our future marketing. What does that mean? Well, quite simply, it means we may use an image as a sample in our studio, as a picture on our business card / brochure or flyer, a sample on a website or maybe some marketing mailing. You will not be identified in any way and we won’t sell the images to anyone. That’s it!
- This offer will be limited to no more than 25 high school seniors!
- Just call or TEXT us at 705.772.7702 to book your session. Or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out available dates or book your session.
We look forward to meeting all of you! Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Darren & Niki
To give you an idea of where we are going (picture wise), take a look at these samples (though they aren’t all HS Seniors)